One such exotic dish is Cauliflower peas masala. This cauliflower peas curry is a healthy yet tasty curry made from steamed cauliflower and peas. These two veggies are slow cooked in the creamy and aromatic tomato-onion sauce. The addition of garam masala infuses a mild spiciness to the dish perfectly.
The final addition of fresh coriander leaves and dried fenugreek leaves adds a lovely flavor to the gravy. Finely chopped coriander leaves on top brings a beautiful contrast of colors in the dish making my plate tempting to spoon them quick. I serve this with pulka, chapati, roti and as a sandwich.
Curry with Cauliflower and Peas Recipe
Curry with Cauliflower and Peas
- 2 cups Cauliflower Florets
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 1 tomato – pureed
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp dried fenugreek / kasoori methi
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves – chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 500 ml water
- 1 tbsp olive/ canola oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the cauliflower florets. Bring the water to a boil. Add little salt and throw in the cauliflowers and cook for 6-7 minutes. Once done, remove and let it cool.
- Heat the oil in a cooking vessel. Once they get heated up, add the onions and little salt and cook till they brown lightly.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cook for further 2-3 minutes. Then add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder and cook till the raw smell disappears.
- Mix in the tomato puree and add little water, about 25ml and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Once the onions soften, mix in the cauliflower florets and peas. Sprinkle the garam masala on top and adjust salt to taste.
- Pour the lemon juice and finally garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and hand-crushed dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi).