This is your Traditional Lasagna Recipe – Vegan Edition!
The mothership has landed.
It’s Lasagna — Low-fat, vegan, and oil-free! Can someone say MAMMA MIA?!
This dairy free gluten free lasagna is definitely one of the best vegan recipe finds. And it’s definitely one of those showstopper recipes you want to try out at your next dinner party to WOW all those vegan skeptics. This gluten free vegetable lasagna recipe makes lasagna by far the greatest, guilt-free comfort food of all. This version leaves you satisfied and ready to take on the world. It is the ultimate healthy indulgence, it is not only vegan, but gluten free and low fat and just generally very smug about how nutritious it is. Vegan lasagna tastes so indulgent with its warm, creamy sauce and gorgeous toppings, you’ll find yourself in cloud nine with each bite of this herby goodness
Easy Vegan Gluten Free Lasagna Recipe
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Quick & Easy!
How To Make Vegan Lasagna Recipe
For the vegan style diary free Béchamel Sauce
- 30 g Cornstarch
- 2 pinch of Nutmeg
- 2 pinch of Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 500 g Non-dairy milk (Click Here for Vegan Milk Alternatives)
- 10 g Vegan butter (optional)
For the Meat Free Filling
- 100 g Soy mince
- 30 g Carrots
- 30 g Onions
- 30 g Celery
- 680 g Tomato passata
- 240 g Water
- 1/2 tsp Garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp Miso paste
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda (optional)
- 1 pinch of Black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped Rosemary
- Dice the carrots, the onions and the celery and place aside.
- (To make the vegan béchamel sauce) Place a saucepan on medium heat, pour in the dry ingredients and then the non-dairy vegan milk. Whisk the ingredients to properly diffuse the starch, once that’s done, swap out the whisk for a spatula.
- Add the vegan butter in the warm milk, keep stirring to dissolve. And continue stirring until the sauce thickens and starts boiling, then turn off the heat and allow to cool completely.
- (To make the tomato sauce) Place a pan over medium heat and pour in the onions, carrots, celery, passata and water to the pan.
- Add the garlic granules, miso paste and baking soda.
- When the sauce reaches boiling point, cover the pan with a lid, turn it down to minimum heat and cook for 15 minutes. Make sure to adjust cooking time to prevent your passata from becoming excessively dense
- While you are doing this, you can rehydrate your soy mince. Place the soy mince into a bowl, cover it in boiling water and let it rest for a full minute. Then, drain and squeeze out the excess water.
- Once the time has elapsed for the sauce, remove the lid and add in the soy mince, chopped rosemary and black pepper.
- Stir all the ingredients together, bring the sauce back to boiling point, cover the pan with the lid and allow the sauce to cook for another 15 minutes over minimum heat.
- Once the time has elapsed, turn off the heat and let the sauce cool down completely before using it. Make sure to adjust salt if necessary!
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To build the lasagna, pour some of the ragù followed by some of the béchamel into the dish, and spread evenly.
- Next, place a layer of pasta on top of this, add more ragù and béchamel on top of it. You can also add a layer of vegan cheese to top off this layer.
- Repeat until you run out of ingredients.
- To finish, add a nice thick layer of béchamel sauce and meltable vegan cheese on top of the last layer.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Let it rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Gluten Free Vegan Lasagna Tips & Tricks
- The Soy mince can easily be substituted with any other plant-based protein of your preference. You can also substitute with other vegan meat products.
- You can easily use any non-dairy vegan milk for this dish, using soy milk is not mandatory. Other vegan milk options are included here.
- Baking soda was used to lower the acidity of the tomato sauce. It is not necessary if the sauce you are using is not too acidic.
- Butter in the vegan lasagna recipe is optional. It is used to add thickness to the vegan béchamel sauce but if you prefer not to use it, the recipe will turn out fine without it.
Check my favorite vegan recipes here!