Most days, I make my salads with beans (check the difference between black beans and kidney beans) or lentil base. I start with a bowl of cooked beans and work my way up by adding favorite or seasonal or sometime with what’s available in my fridge. There is no recipe for a salad. You can play and create one based on your liking. I will top it with seasonal vegetables and fruits. The vinaigrette is made with Indian spices like cumin, garam masala, oil and lemon juice. Today’s post is a quick easy pea salad recipe. I love this beans because they are tiny and cooks faster. I soak the beans overnight and pressure cook it the following day. Some days, I let the bean sprouts and I add them raw to my salads.
You will find different kinds of green peas salads all over the world. You will also find green peas salad tempered with mustard seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves. This vegan pea salad recipe will be similar in many ways and so, today I am sharing a healthy easy pea salad recipe made with green peas, salad radish, red onions, carrots, tomatoes and green mangoes. All it takes is chop them in to small chunks, mix them all together and toss in the flavorful vinaigrette.
Easy Green Peas Salad Recipe
Easy Vegan Pea Salad Recipe
- 1 cup Raw Green Peas, Soaked Overnight In Water
- 4 Small Salad Radish, Chopped
- 0.25 cup Red Onion, Chopped
- 1 Medium Sized Carrot, Chopped
- 1 Medium Sized Tomato, Chopped
- 0.25 cup Cucumber, Chopped
- 0.25 cup Raw Green Mango, Chopped
- 0.25 cup Cilantro For Garnish
For The Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Juice Lemon
- Remove water from the soaked mung bean. Cook them like pasta in boiling water for 30-45 minutes until done. For a faster option, cook in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles. Once done, drain any water and let it cool.
- Mix the ingredients under vinaigrette section. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, mix the chopped vegetables with the bean. Toss in the vinaigrette and mix well to coat. Sprinkle cilantro for garnish. Serve right away.
- This salad can be eaten during gestational diabetes. Your body needs a lot of fiber to digest and help to get the stuff out of your system easily. The vegetables and mung bean have low glycemic index and that makes it an ideal dish to eat when you have gestational diabetes.B. This salad can be eaten during weightloss. It is packed with nutrients and flavors. It’s tasty and good for you and will help you get rid of those excess fat.
Check my favorite vegan recipes here!