Burning yourself in front of your stove for a long time and still not getting enough satisfaction is something too irritating. Eating the same stuff regularly is frustrating. We want something quick, tasty and most importantly healthy. How about if we tell you a recipe that can be easily prepared; say in less than 20 minutes? Something boosted with essential nutrients. Now this is where the question arises; a dish loaded with nutrients, yummy and yet vegan? Here we share an oyster mushroom recipe most popular in the US and UK.
What is Pan Fried Oyster Mushrooms?
This is a healthy dish for cool evenings with flavor of lemongrass, miso and ginger. It’s primarily a southern-inspired vegan recipe that is exceedingly delicious!
Oyster mushrooms, mostly used in Japanese and Korean cuisines are quite difficult to identify, we can help you on that with this blog post They are often served in stews or in sautéed oyster mushrooms recipes. Often they are used in Asian cuisines in the form of a sauce, which is prepared with soy sauce (check vegan status).
It is basically stir fried oyster mushrooms that fill your taste buds in the hot summer as well as cold winter days. You will find tons of oyster mushrooms recipes on the Internet, but today we will be learning the best way how to cook oyster mushrooms.
Pan Fried Oyster Mushroom Recipe
Pan-Fried Oyster Mushrooms Recipe
- 3 tbsp
Olive Oil (check vegan status )
- 250 g Oyster Mushrooms
- 4 Smashed Garlic Cloves
- 5 stick Thyme
- 1 pinch Sesame Seeds, which will be used for garnishing
- 1 pinch Black Pepper and Sea Salt
- Take a skillet (or any other oil-free vessel which is big in size) and heat some olive oil over medium-high heat. For an enhanced flavor you may consider using Rosemary and Red Chilli Flakes Infused Olive Oil.
- Allow the vessel to heat. Then put your mushrooms in the vessel (make sure you slice all your mushrooms) in a single layer and cook for around 3-4 minutes. Make sure they turn brown in color. To cook faster you can cover the vessel as well.
- Keep stirring your oyster mushrooms at regular intervals of time. Repeat this process for another 2-3 minutes.
- Then add some smashed garlic and thyme into the vessel and allow them to cook for 5-6 minutes. Make sure you put your flame to low heat here. Cook until they turn crispy brown in color.
- Season the mushrooms with Sea salt and black pepper (you can add other spices of your choice as well depending upon your taste).
- Serve your hot and crispy oyster mushrooms in a plate. Garnish the oyster mushroom recipe with some black pepper and sesame seeds over the top to make it look attractive and pleasing. Your pan fried oyster mushrooms are ready to curb your cravings.
KEY POINTS TO CONSIDER:
- Make sure that the oil must be used in an appropriate amount. Too much oil will soak them up and too less will not make them crispy.
- Do not use black pepper too much.
- Make sure you slice your mushrooms into pieces and then put it in the vessel. Putting mushrooms directly in the vessel will reduce the crispiness.
Try this oyster mushroom recipe with different spices to constantly change its flavor. Explore the undiscovered. Go ahead and enjoy this simple yet nutritious oyster mushroom recipe.