I love nachos. I don’t think there’s a single person in the world who doesn’t love nachos. Nachos are a staple of every party, sports event, and family dinner.
But as a vegan, my options were limited when it came to nacho options—until I found Doritos! Where I can make nachos with Doritos, and yes, it is your favorite nachos without meat. While they’re not traditionally made with cheese, they’re still delicious. And luckily for me, as Doritos do have vegan flavor options!
You can now enjoy the crunchy goodness of Doritos without being worried about if Doritos contain pork or artificial cheese flavor that comes with it. The best part is that it is healthy vegan nachos. The chips themselves are salty enough on their own to satisfy your craving for something savory and satisfying and combining it with vegan cheese sauce is just perfect, whether you’re watching football or just hanging out with friends on a Friday night.
EASY NACHOS RECIPE – NO MEAT
How to make nachos with doritos
- 1 Package Tortilla chips
- 1 cup Frozen corns
- 1 cup Refried beans(I used black beans)
- 1 cup Salsa(I used pico de gallo)
- 2 Tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup Onions
- 1/2 cup Jalapeno
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vegan worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
Doritos Nachos Recipe
- You'll start by getting out a large baking sheet, spraying it with nonstick cooking spray, and preheating your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, In a large bowl, dice up some tomatoes, onions, and jalapenos into small pieces (you can use as much or as little as you'd like).
- Mix well until combined, then take half of this mixture and spread it out evenly on top of the nachos.
- For the next step in our recipe, we added refried beans to our chips (just spread some on top!). You can use any bean that you'd like—make sure that it's not too thick or won't hold together properly when you add other ingredients later on.
- Then coat them with olive oil and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Next up, get out your favorite taco seasoning mix (if you don't have one already) and add about 1 tablespoon of water to it so that it's easier to spread over all the chips evenly. You should also grab some vegan cheese shreds—they usually come in blocks or bags at grocery stores!
- Whisk everything together until well combined before spreading it over the top of all your nachos!
- Add some guacamole, then sprinkle on some cheese (whatever kind you want– Cheddar, gouda, parmesan, mozzarella, and cream cheese). I am using cheddar
- Then add another layer of chips, then another layer of guacamole, sprinkle on more cheese
- Once they're all covered in cheese (and any other toppings that you like), bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for another 10 minutes until everything is nice and melted together.
- Finally, put everything back onto the baking sheet again, then sprinkle some fresh cilantro leaves on top before serving!
As a vegan, it’s difficult to find vegan chips to munch on although there are a few vegan chips, such as Takis, friots, and Pringles. But when I discovered how to make Doritos nachos, I was so excited to have found a way to enjoy a meal that tastes amazing without sacrificing my values.
I mean, let’s face it—veganism is a tough lifestyle choice. You’re not just giving up meat, dairy, and eggs—you’re also giving up all the things that make those foods delicious: butter, cheese, bacon. But with nachos made with Doritos? It’s like your taste buds are having an affair with your morals!