Cauliflower is very low in calorie. 250 grams of fresh cauliflower has close to 50 calories only. The meaty florets are rich in fiber and cauliflower is very low in fat and has absolutely no cholesterol. It is also a good source of protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium and phosphorus. They are rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, potassium and manganese. A large portion of the calories in this food come from sugars. So it is important to include them in your diet in moderation. Has low glycemic index.
I love cauliflower. I like them in my soup, in my curry or in simple roasted form. Offlate we have been eating a lot of cauliflower and this version of eating it as a snack was saving me a lot of calories.
Popcorn Cauliflower Recipe with Indian Spices
Roasted Cauliflower Popcorn Recipe
- 2 large cauliflower heads – cleaned, cut into tiny florets
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp pepper corns, crushed
- 1 tbsp
olive oil (check vegan status)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F (conventional mode).
- Pat dry the cauliflower with a kitchen towel. Cover the baking sheet with aluminium foil. Spray a little of the cooking spray over the foil.
- In a separate pan, mix the cauliflower florets with the spices and oil. Mix with hand and set aside.
- Line them over the baking sheet. Don’t over crowd the baking tray. I did the entire roasting in 3 batches.
- Roast it for 30 minutes. You can roast for further few minutes to crisp up the surface but keep an eye to avoid burning.
- Serve hot.
Check my favorite vegan recipes here!