Vegan cuisine is more versatile than most people think. In some people’s mind, vegans “Only Eat Vegetable” and “Don’t Eat Enough Proteins”. I’ve completely debunked these Anti-Vegan arguments in my blog post here: “I’m not Vegan Because…”. Check it out as you will be surprised with some counter-arguments that I’ve come up with!!
Furthermore, people think that vegan food doesn’t have a lot of options. Well, there’s always a way of adapting a recipe and you still can eat your favorite meal.
Vegan Food is very nutritious (even more nutritious than non-vegan recipes) and of course you can still eat the amount of protein you need every day.
I love experimenting with different cultures cuisines and you will be surprised at just how many different cultures exist that actually have a lot of vegan or vegetarian dishes! I’ve shared a few different vegan recipes from a few different cultures here:
- Italian Inspired – Stuffed Zucchini Recipe.
- Italian Inspired – Vegan Lasagna Recipe.
- Mexican Inspired – Fajita Quesadilla Recipe.
Sidenote: And whilst we are talking about different cuisines, I really want to try and experiment with more culture cuisine. Have you tried Indian cuisine before? I have tried a few Indian recipes as most Indian dishes are very vegetarian and vegan friendly, but I really want to try more, especially a few from UjwalasDelicacies. It’s an Indian-inspired recipe blog that predominately features low sugar, carb and dairy-free recipes. If you have a favorite Indian recipe, please let me know so I can try and share it on VegansFirst!
Everybody Loves Mexican Food, Am I Right?
Today, we are going to make a vegan breakfast burrito as inspired from Mexican food. Mexican food is delicious and most dishes are easy to make, super easy in fact. Before turning vegan, if you loved Mexican food, there is no excuse not to like it after being vegan. Today, we are going to show you how to cook your own vegan breakfast burrito. These burritos can be your road trip snack as shown here all year long!
This vegan breakfast burrito recipe is healthy, nutritious, delicious, and filling. Additionally, not just for breakfast, but you can eat this vegan breakfast burrito recipe for lunch, dinner, or even as a snack.
Vegan Breakfast Burrito Recipe
Vegan Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- 2 qt Vegan Tortillas (make it at home from this article)
- 1 cup Tofu
- 2 qt Potatoes
- 2 qt Any of your Favorite Veggies (Like Onions and Mushrooms as mentioned here)
- 1 tsp Herbs
- 1 pinch Turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp
Soy Sauce (check vegan status)
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 tsp
Olive oil (check vegan status) or Coconut spray oil
- 1 qt Chopped tomato, lettuce and avocado for the tortilla filling
- 1 cup
Vegan Cheese (can be used as additional filling)
- We are going to start by cutting the potatoes into small cubes. We aren’t going to peel them . Make sure all the pieces are small.
- Now, do the same with the bell peppers, cut in cubes, Cut the onion, and, in the end, cut the mushrooms and and other vegetables you want.
- Now, crumble the tofu into a bowl with your hands.
- Next, you’re going to add some olive oil or coconut spray oil in your pan. Add your potatoes too. For extra flavor you may consider Rosemary and Red Chilli Flakes Infused Olive Oil.
- Start tossing and let it get the crusts go golden. Once they are ready, add some salt sea and pepper and remove them from the pan.
- Add some coconut oil spray or olive oil again and add your vegetables. Saute them until tender and add some salt and pepper while you cook them.
- Add your crumbled tofu. Add the turmeric and the lemon juice.
- For the next step, add any greens and other vegetables and herbs that you want. Add your potatoes back in and toss everything very well. Season more if you think it’s needed.
- Now, fill your tortillas with the mixture. If you are adding chopped tomato, lettuce, avocado or vegan cheese for the tortilla filling, add it now. Fold them and wrap them up very tightly. Cut the tortilla in the middle.
And it’s ready! You can serve it with some guacamole. Enjoy your healthy vegan breakfast burrito for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Other vegan breakfast recipes