VEGAN CUISINE IS MORE VERSATILE THAN MOST PEOPLE THINK. IN SOME PEOPLE’S MIND, VEGANS “ONLY EAT VEGETABLES” AND “DON’T EAT ENOUGH PROTEIN”. I’VE COMPLETELY DEBUNKED THESE ANTI-VEGAN ARGUMENTS IN MY BLOG POST HERE: “I’M NOT VEGAN BECAUSE…”. CHECK IT OUT AS YOU WILL BE SURPRISED WITH SOME COUNTER-ARGUMENTS THAT I’VE COME UP WITH!!!
Furthermore, people think that vegan food doesn’t have a lot of options. Well, there’s always a way of adapting a recipe and you still can eat your favorite meal.
VEGAN FOOD IS VERY NUTRITIOUS (EVEN MORE NUTRITIOUS THAN NON-VEGAN RECIPES) AND OF COURSE YOU CAN STILL EAT THE AMOUNT OF PROTEIN YOU NEED EVERYDAY.
I love experimenting with different cultures cuisines and you will be surprised at just how many different cultures exist that actually have a lot of vegan or vegetarian dishes! I’ve shared a few different vegan recipes from a few different cultures here:
- Italian Inspired – Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
- Italian Inspired – Vegan Lasagna Recipe
- Mexican Inspired – Fajita Quesadilla Recipe
Sidenote: And whilst we are talking about different cuisines, I really want to try and experiment with more culture cuisine. Have you tried Indian cuisine before? I have tried a few Indian recipes as most Indian dishes are very vegetarian and vegan friendly, but I really want to try more, especially a few from UjwalasDelicacies. Its an Indian inspired recipe blog that predominately features low sugar, carb and dairy free recipes. If you have a favorite Indian recipe, please let me know so I can try and share it on VegansFirst!
EVERYBODY LOVES MEXICAN FOOD, AM I RIGHT?
Today, we are going to make a vegan breakfast burrito as inspired from the Mexican food. Mexican food is delicious and most dishes are easy to make, super easy in-fact. Before turning vegan, if you loved Mexican food, there is no excuse not to like it after being vegan. Today, we are going to show to you how to cook your own vegan burrito. These burritos can be your road trip snack all year long!
THESE BURRITOS ARE HEALTHY, NUTRITIOUS, DELICIOUS AND FILLING. ADDITIONALLY, NOT JUST FOR BREAKFAST, BUT YOU CAN EAT THIS VEGAN BURRITO FOR LUNCH, DINNER OR EVEN AS A SNACK.
VEGAN BREAKFAST BURRITO
They are a great option for a meal when you don’t have a lot of time. If you want, you can eat them with some guacamole (vegan of course!) and it can taste exactly like the real thing! This meal is also a good option for snacks for kids aswell! These vegan burritos are very convenient and even meat lovers will enjoy eating this healthier plant-based version.
For this recipe, you’re going to need these ingredients:
- Vegan Tortillas
- 2 Potatoes
- Any of your favorite veggies (for this recipe, I am using bell peppers, mushrooms and onions). You can also add corn, black-beans or chickpeas if you like.
- Any herbs that you want
- A pinch of turmeric
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Soy Sauce
- Salt sea
- Olive oil (or coconut spray oil)
- Chopped tomato, lettuce and avocado for the tortilla filling.
- Vegan Cheese can be used as additional filling also.
Check out this easy and healthy version of the classical meal of Mexican food and it can be modified for your taste buds.
1. We are going to start by cutting the potatoes into small cubes. We aren’t going to peel them . Make sure all the pieces are small.
2. Now, do the same with the bell peppers, cut in cubes, Cut the onion, and, in the end, cut the mushrooms and and other vegetables you want.
3. Now, crumble the tofu into a bowl with your hands.
4. Next, you’re going to add some olive oil or coconut spray oil in your pan. Add your potatoes too.
5. Start tossing and let it get the crusts go golden. Once they are ready, add some salt sea and pepper and remove them from the pan.
6. Add some coconut oil spray or olive oil again and add your vegetables.
7. Saute them until tender and add some salt and pepper while you cook them.
8. Add your crumbled tofu.
9. Add the turmeric and the lemon juice.
10. For the next step, add any greens and other vegetables and herbs that you want.
11. Add your potatoes back in and toss everything very well. Season more if you think it’s needed.
12. Now, fill your tortillas with the mixture. If you are adding chopped tomato, lettuce, avocado or vegan cheese for the tortilla filling, add it now. Fold them and wrap them up very tightly. Cut the tortilla in the middle.
AND IT’S READY! YOU CAN SERVE IT WITH SOME GUACAMOLE. ENJOY YOUR HEALTHY VEGAN BURRITO FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER!