Are you looking for vegan banana muffins with a little sweet addition such as chocolate? These vegan chocolate chip banana muffins are my go-to breakfast I like to make if I am feeling a little on the naughtier side.
You all know by now, I do have a big sweet tooth. If you wish to have not such a sweet breakfast, then you can go for vegan zucchini, an easy breakfast recipe, or vegan burritos, an easy snack recipe for a healthy meal.
The good thing about vegan breakfast muffins recipe is that you can make them as healthy or as healthily sweet as you like. For a healthier version, omit the vegan chocolate chips and you have healthy and simple vegan banana muffins. Also, there is a sweet ingredient that is a secret of mine that I use to make my muffins (and vegan desserts) naturally sweet.
You can adapt this recipe to your style, using and trying new ingredients, for example, different fruits or even coconut chips or dried fruits. I came across with this vegan whole wheat banana muffins with chocolate chips that also incorporates raisins, nuts, and seeds, so if this is more your type, check it out! It’s definitely a healthy option also. Whatever you choose, banana muffins are not only delicious, but they pretty much take up no time at all. They are great to make all in one go, say on a Sunday night and take them to work during the week, not just as a vegan breakfast, but as a vegan snack to munch on during the day.
This is a go to travel snack like listed here for any kind of trips. This recipe is going to give you a small batch of banana muffins (12 muffins). If you want to make more, double all the ingredients of the vegan banana chocolate chip muffins.
Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
For the Blender
- 250 ml plant based milk (you can try to adapt it and use any cruelty-free vegan milk out of these alternatives)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 10 qt Whole Medjool Dates Pitted (for sweetness – my secret ingredient)
Dry Mixture Ingredients
- 1.25 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Bananas Ripe and Mashed (you can use 3 bananas)
- 0.5 cup
Vegan Chocolate Chips or any Vegan Chocolate
- We are going to start with the liquid part of the muffin recipe. Inside the blender, put the soy milk or any kind of vegan milk you prefer. After that, you can add the the pitted medjools. This is going to give to the muffin a nice sweet flavor.
- Add two teaspoons of vanilla extract and one teaspoon of white vinegar.
- Blend it for a minute.
- For the next stage, you’re going to pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees/ 350 F. For the dry ingredients, you’re going to grab a new bowl and add 1 and ¼ of whole wheat flour. In this bowl, add 1 tablespoon of baking powder. Now add ½ teaspoon of coarse baking sea salt.
- Mix all them inside the bowl. Now, mesh in three ripe bananas. It’s important to be ripe bananas because the sweeter the bananas, the sweeter your muffins.
- Now, if you want to add the vegan chocolate chips, add them in now.
- Mix all the ingredients together, until the consistency looks like this.
- Spread the mixture evenly until you have 12 muffins.
- Put inside the oven and leave it there for 20 minutes. If you think it needs cooking longer, leave it in, however constantly check every 5 minutes to avoid burning them. After removing them from the oven, wait for them cool and the muffins will be ready to be eaten shortly after.
There you have it. Vegan Muffins that are popular for breakfast, as a vegan snack, or as an after-dinner delight. Give this vegan muffin recipe and try and let me know how you decide to do it, did you add the vegan chocolate chips, or did you make it with raisins, nuts or seeds, or just plain banana? If you wish to have some lighter dessert, you can try out Vegan Macarons at home.
Check my other vegan desserts here!