Vegan Coffee Cake with Apple Cinnamon Streusel
Streuselkuchen, a German coffee cake is liked by all and is extremely popular. It is soft and moist and topped with sweet streusel topping. Being vegan does not mean that you can’t devour cakes because everyone loves cakes and there’s nothing better than having a vegan healthy cake like vegan chocolate cake or the vegan mug brownie is healthier than its non-vegan counterparts.
It is said that a vegan cake is healthier and it tends to contain fewer saturated fats. Vegan cakes help you to choose your own nutritious ingredients and make the best cake according to your diet plan as there are several healthy vegan meal plans that include cakes in their courses listed here. It is gluten free and utterly yummy! Learn how to make the best vegan cinnamon coffee cake topped with the best fruit, apples!
Vegan Coffee Cake Recipe
Vegan Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Dry Cake Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 2 tbsp Corn-Starch or Potato Starch
- 1/3 cup Erythritol or Sugar
- 1 & 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
Wet Cake Ingredients
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk or any other Dairy-Free Milk (Like the one listed here)
- 2/3 cup Applesauce which is Unsweetened
- 2 tbsp Oil (if you are considering canola oil then check its vegan status here and then move ahead)
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract for the Extra Zingy Taste
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour or Shredded Coconut which is Unsweetened
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar or Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup (Learn Maple Syrup's vegan status with this post)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Use a regular baking dish and line it with parchment paper and let it overhang on the sides.
- Start off with the cinnamon streusel topping. For this, add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and stir it with a whisk. After this, add the wet ingredients and use your hands to combine everything until the mixture is crumbly and feels nice. Meanwhile, set the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (ca. 180 °C).
- For the vegan crumb cake, add all the dry ingredients into a bowl with the vegan coffee. Stir this using a food processor or a simple whisk. After this, add the wet ingredients and stir it properly until a smooth batter is formed.
- Divide the batter into two parts and put the first half into the baking dish. After this, add half of the cinnamon streusel over it.
- Now pour the next half of the batter on top of the streusel and finally add the remaining streusel.
- Bake this yummy batter in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the crumb cake comes out completely or partially clean.
- Your applesauce streusel coffee cake is ready and you just need to top it off with some finely chopped apples!
Is this Vegan Breakfast Cake Healthy?
Vegan counterparts of the dishes are always considered healthier and more nutritious. Cakes in general are said to be full of fats and sugar. The vegan version of a regular cake is better than the normal one but it is important to know that its sugar content is very high and sugar does not go very well with one’s health.
This cake needs to be taken in the right amount, preferably one slice at a time and must be devoured with evening tea or early morning breakfast. Use sugar in the right amount if you want to binge on it. The vegan recipe is definitely healthier than the regular one and everyone must make a gradual shift towards the vegan life because it is the future! If you are looking out for cookies, and are worried as to your favorite Nutter Butter cookies are vegan or not, you can read this blog post and if you wish to make you own cookies, you can check this vegan cookies recipe here.
Check my other cake recipes here!
- Broiled Grapefruit Cake
- Vegan Pistachio Cake with Lemon and Almond Frosting
- Pomegranate Cake Recipe with Coconut Oil Buttercream
- Vegan Chocolate Cake with Coconut Caramel
- German Chocolate Cake Recipe
My life literally revolves around optimum health and sustainable living by being a devotional vegan. My mission is to create a community of like minded vegans to go forth in creating a better and brighter world for humans, animals and the planet. Just like Gandhi once said: “The greatness of a nation and it’s moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” – Gandhi