Vegan German Chocolate Cake Recipe
Looking for a vegan dessert recipe that is easy to prepare and yet awesome in taste? How about a sinful vegan german chocolate cake recipe? Well, if you are a chocolate cake lover searching for a vegan version, this recipe would probably be the best option to try. You can also try out a normal vegan chocolate cake with this recipe.
Leading a vegan lifestyle doesn’t eliminate you from your regular sweet cravings. No looking further when you have this simple vegan german chocolate cake recipe to brighten your day. Vegan cakes are as tasty as the traditional ones when you know the best recipe. This recipe is the ultimate one after a lot of research and experiments.
This moist cake with a vegan german chocolate frosting is not for the faint-hearted. Its looks and tastes are incredible due to the right proportion of each ingredient. And the best part of this vegan german chocolate cake recipe is that you wouldn’t even know it is vegan once you taste. So, let’s check it out!
What is a German Chocolate Cake with Frosting?
German chocolate cake originated in Germany is a special one owing to its extra sweetness. It is traditionally prepared with German sweet baking chocolate. A German chocolate cake with frosting is usually double sweetened through the extra sugar in chocolate frosting. It is bitter-sweet but more on the sweeter side.
Vegan German Chocolate Cake
How To Make Vegan German Chocolate Cake Recipe
For the Base Cake
- 2 cup Almond Milk (You can use frozen milk like mentioned here)
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1&1/4 cup Applesauce (with Applesauce, you can also try out this recipe of coffee cake)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cup Flour
- 1&1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 8 oz
- 2/3 cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
For the Coconut Confection Syrup
- 14 oz Coconut Milk (You can prepare milk chocolate at home with the recipe here)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp
Maple Syrup (check vegan status)
For the Vegan German Chocolate Cake Frosting without Eggs
- 1/2 cup Melted Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (Or any other vegan milk listed here)
For the Base of Cake
- To begin with the vegan gluten free German chocolate cake, you need to preheat oven to 350°F and prepare two baking pans (for a double-decker cake) by greasing it with coconut oil and dusting with cocoa powder.
- Then, mix 1½ cups almond milk with the vinegar and let it rest for at least three minutes. Next, add in applesauce, vanilla, and remaining almond milk to the mix and combine well.
- After this, also add in flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, melted chocolate, and coconut oil. Combine the batter until you see no traces of lumps.
- Now, spread the batter evenly on two prepared pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick can be cleanly removed. After the cake is baked, take it out carefully and cool on a wire rack.
For the Coconut Confection Syrup
- When the cake is cooling, take a separate pan and switch on the gas or electric oven. Over low-medium heat, combine coconut milk, coconut flour, cornstarch, and sugar to give them a fine mix.
- Bring to a simmer or soft boil and finally remove and immediately add in the remaining coconut oil, vanilla, and maple syrup.
For the German Chocolate Cake Frosting
- Take another bowl and pour the melted vegan butter and cocoa powder. Whisk together and then slowly add powdered sugar and milk. You can adjust the milk to get your desired consistency of the frosting.
- If the consistency is too runny, adding more sugar will help it retain the thickness. Now, once the frosting is ready, spread it between the two cake slices and all over the cake. Your dairy free German chocolate cake, a completely vegan one, is now ready to serve.
Now you know the best vegan gluten free German chocolate cake recipe, go ahead and pamper yourself today! This healthy german chocolate cake will surely uplift your mood on a lazy weekend and help you to welcome your special guests on a special occasion.
This recipe doesn’t require too much time and all the ingredients are easily available in the nearest grocery shops or online. If anyone says vegan cakes are not as tasty as compared to the traditional ones, it is a time to surprise them with some of these scrumptious vegan cakes