Lentil Patties are an extremely healthy alternative to bread. This is because they are a good source of protein and are therefore beneficial to your diet. Lentil cakes are really easy to make and can be eaten as side salad or it can be topped with hummus or chilli sauce. In this vegan lentil patties recipe, we will provide you with all the direction required to cook vegan lentil cakes at home.
Vegan Lentil Cakes
Vegan Lentil Cake Recipe
- 2 cup Gran Dhal
- 3 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 Dry Red Chilly
- 1 Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1- 2 Green Chilly, Finely Chopped
- 1" Ginger
- 6 - 8 Garlic Cloves
- 0.5 tbsp Fresh, Desiccated unsweetened Coconuts
- 10 -12 Curry Leaves, Finely Chopped
- 1 tbsp Cilantro, Finely Chopped
- 5 cup Water
- 1- 2 tsp Salt
- Wash the gram dhal in running water and soak in 4-5cups water for 1-2 hours. Once done, drain the water and grind them to a coarse paste with ginger, garlic, coconut, green chilly, dry red chilly, fennel seeds. Add very little water to grind. We are looking for a very thick batter.
- Mix in the raw onions, cilantro, curry leaves, garlic skin and salt. Check for salt before frying.
- Heat the oil to 350’F . Clean your hands and dry it with a kitchen towel. Wet your hands with olive oil / cooking oil to get a good shaped patty. Remove a little batter with a spoon or a small ice cream scoop and press it against your left palm with your right hand fingers to form a patty (about 1-2cm radius). Slide them into the hot oil and cook till they turn brown and crispy.
Check my favorite vegan recipes here!